List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Non-local page-break oddities
From:       "Joel C. Salomon" <joelcsalomon () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-04-25 15:41:05

  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:</p>
      cite="mid:962a1e84-f24c-16f3-e671-ff5d3245b9dd@williamrehwinkel.net">
        for this document based on this example, in which each score
        should nicely start on a new page. </p>
        exactly is causing the bad page-breaking results, maybe you are
        using the optimal-page-turn algorithm for example. </p>
        I’d found that when I last had a chance to work on this project,
      but had not made a note for myself before putting the work away.</p>
      cite="mid:cab86c780e7a83ae793fd77665076de7ce87a140.camel@abou-samra.fr">
        <pre><code>\book {
  …
  \pageBreak
  \scoreXXXI
  \scoreXXXII
  \pageBreak
  \scoreXXXIII
  \paper { min-systems-per-page = 2 }
  \scoreXXXIV
}</code></pre>
        occurring anywhere applies to the <em>entire</em> book, not
        only to the scores that follow it.</p>
        face="monospace">min-systems-per-page = 2</font>` was, in fact,
      only effective for that last score.  Probably some complicated
      consequences of the page-breaking algorithm instead.<br>
      cite="mid:cab86c780e7a83ae793fd77665076de7ce87a140.camel@abou-samra.fr">
          chunks of the book might help, but that re-prints the book
          header when I don’t want it to, and I’m not seeing how to
          suppress that.)</p>
      <pre><code>  \bookpart {
    \paper {
      bookTitleMarkup = ##f
    }
  }</code></pre>
    <pre><code>  \book {
    \paper {
      page-breaking = #ly:optimal-breaking
      max-systems-per-page = 8 min-systems-per-page = 5
    }
    \scoreI
    \bookpart {
      \paper { max-systems-per-page = 9 min-systems-per-page = 7 bookTitleMarkup = #f }
      \header { copyright = #f }
      \scoreII
    }
    \bookpart {
      \paper { bookTitleMarkup = #f }  \header { copyright = #f }
      \scoreIII
    }
    …
  }/code&gt;</code></pre>
      you both!<br>
      bookTitleMarkup and scoreTitleMarkup but no bookpartTitleMarkup
      that I can see.<br>