List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Lilypond zip file doesn't include the lilypond app?
From:       Jean Abou Samra <jean () abou-samra ! fr>
Date:       2023-02-21 1:30:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello Benjamin,

Welcome to this list. So you know, your message was manually approved because
you are not a list subscriber. Please subscribe on \
[https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user](https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user) \
in order to fix this (you can choose not to receive list messages if you don't want \
to). Thanks.

Le lundi 20 février 2023 à 17:23 -0800, Benjamin Wilson a écrit  :
> Dear GNU project,
> I recently downloaded Lilypond for Mac. It downloads as a zip file, but after I \
> unzip the files I cannot locate an actual application that I can open. I see all \
> kinds of supplements, but I can't actually find the application at all. I am \
> running Ventura 13, so my system is up  to date. Is there anything I am missing? \
> Thanks in advance,

You are not missing any `.app` package, it simply doesn't exist, and you don't need \
it either, because LilyPond is a command-line program.

Where you downloaded LilyPond, i.e., \
[https://lilypond.org/download.html](https://lilypond.org/download.html), under \
"Essential links for new users", you can find the link to the learning manual, which \
shows how to get LilyPond running for the first time.

Best,

Jean