List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Should \partial accept music instead of duration?
From:       Kieren MacMillan <kieren () kierenmacmillan ! info>
Date:       2022-03-27 14:20:03

Hi Jean,

> Yes, I understand better, thanks.

I can give you uncountable examples of "sugar" being more powerful than just about \
anything else that's visible in Lilypond. [We all know that sugar isn't as powerful \
as the amazing code underneath… but for the purposes of Lily-vangelizing, it's the \
input code that makes the most obvious and immediate impact on newbies.]

A really big case is stylesheets: when I show people that changing the one line \
(e.g.)

    \include "musical/pianoconductor.ily"

    \include "pub/HalLeonard.ily"

makes the same code/content file appear like two totally different publications, you \
should see the look of awe and envy on the faces of Finale / Sibelius / Dorico users. \
;)

> I'd just suggest changing your snippet

I figured you'd have an improvement.
This isn't actually my snippet… but thanks for the tweak!

Best,
Kieren.