List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Note tails to be written both up and down
From:       Leo Correia de Verdier <leo.correia.de.verdier () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-11-23 14:44:25

That happened because the construct I used to create simultaneous voices << *music* \
\\ *music* >> creates new voices for all the *music* expressions in it, while the \
lyrics are still tied to the voice they were added to in the beginning. While it is \
possible to write it like %%%%%%%%%%%
\new RhythmicStaff {
{ \time 12/8
  \set Timing.beatStructure = #'(2 1 1 2 2 2 1 1)
  4
  8 \stemDown 8
  \stemUp 4
  \stemDown 4
  << \stemUp 4 \new Voice { \stemDown 4 } >>
  8 \stemDown 8 \bar "|."
}
\addlyrics {Düüm Te Ke Düüm Tâ Heek Te Ke}
}
I don't think this is what you want in the long run. This example does not use the \\ \
construct, that creates new voices for each of the parallel expressions inside the \
angle brackets, but lets the first one stay in the original voice and explicitly \
creates a new voice for the second. If you can tell us a bit more about the practical \
use and meaning of the example and what kind of notes it should be able to handle I \
think we (as in the people on this mailing list) can help you with a more practical \
solution.