List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: How to compile Lilypond files using Emacs?
From:       Andrew Bernard <andrew.bernard () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-07-27 7:02:15

Hi Parviz,
The issue is not WIndows specific. You need to add a line similar to
this in your emacs init file to get the compile to work:

;; lilypond
(setq LilyPond-lilypond-command "lilypond -I ~/lib/lilypond
-I~/lib/openlilylib/snippets")

I also add the following:

(autoload 'LilyPond-mode "lilypond-mode" "LilyPond Editing Mode" t)
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.ly$" . LilyPond-mode))
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.ily$" . LilyPond-mode))

But as said, you will run into issues with narrowing, and nested
tuplets smash the formatting badly.

As mentioned, search the archives of this list. There is quite a lot
of discussion about this topic. I'd love to fix the issues, but my
elisp-fu is not powerful enough I'm afraid.

Andrew