List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Identify included files
From:       "Fr. Samuel Springuel" <rpspringuel () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-05-27 14:44:37

> On 26 May, 2020, at 6:13 PM, David Wright <lilylis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Because of the inability to collate multiple MIDI files, I've always
> renamed them. I tee the log into a nonce file, which I grep for their
> names in a postprocessing script. (I then trash the log unless there
> was an error code, in which case I leave it, renaming it foo.error.)

I'm beginning to think that this may be the way to go.  The article that Matt linked \
makes some good points about when dependency files actually need to be updated.  I \
hadn't considered those points before and they lead to something different from what \
the GNUMake manual suggests as far as building the dependency files.  Implementing \
those ideas will require me to rework some of what I've been doing, but also would \
open up the possibility to do things like analyze the stderr from the compilation for \
messages which clearly identify the output.

Fr. Samuel, OSB
(R. Padraic Springuel)
St. Anselm's Abbey
4501 South Dakota Ave, NE