List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    =?utf-8?Q?Re=3A_LilyPond_2=2E19=2E84_installer_on_MacOS_10=2E15_?= =?utf-8?Q?=28Hans_=C3=85berg=29?=
From:       Hans_Åberg <haberg-1 () telia ! com>
Date:       2020-02-27 9:42:35

> On 27 Feb 2020, at 01:34, Arle Lommel <arle.lommel@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hans,
>
> Thank you for providing this. It works great, except for one bug I found. It seems \
> that when it's installed it expects the file system to be using ISO Latin 1 rather \
> than UTF-8.

I believe this is bug in the software that LilyPond depends on, MacOS sets \
LC_CTYPE=UTF-8, and does not set LANG.

I use a script to call it from named ‘lilypond', which can be put in \
/usr/local/bin/lilypond: export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
exec /opt/lilypond/bin/lilypond "$@"

It can be created and installed as follows: In Terminal write (^D is <control D>)
% cat > lilypond
export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
exec /opt/lilypond/bin/lilypond "$@"
^D

% chmod a+x lilypond
% sudo -s cp lilypond /usr/local/bin/lilypond

And 'rm lilypond' if you do not want to keep the script.