List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: A visible stencil for a NoteColumn grob
From:       Thomas Morley <thomasmorley65 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-12-30 0:53:03

Am Mo., 30. Dez. 2019 um 00:45 Uhr schrieb Paolo Prete <paolopr976@gmail.com>:

> Hello.
>
> 1) How can  I associate a stencil to a NoteColumn grob?
> I would like to show a vertical line in correspondence of it, but it seems that
>
> \override NoteColumn.stencil ... has no effect.

{
  \override NoteColumn.stencil =
  #(lambda (grob)
    (grob-interpret-markup grob "foo"))
  b4
}

works for me.
Whether it's a good idea to do so, is a different question...

> 2) is it possible to associate an output-attributes list to the NoteColumn grob, as \
> well (so that it appears on the corresponding svg tag)? I don't mean a property of \
> the NoteHead, or Stem etc.: I mean a property of the NoteColumn (invisible) grob

At least the following works for me as well

{
  \override NoteColumn.output-attributes = #'(xy)
  \override NoteColumn.after-line-breaking =
  #(lambda (grob)
    (write (ly:grob-property grob 'output-attributes)))
  b4
}

not tested with svg, though.

HTH,