List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Defining 4 \breve time in Carmina Burana
From:       Jogchum Reitsma <j.reitsma () hccnet ! nl>
Date:       2018-10-10 20:58:19

Hi Harm

(Hmm,  or Thomas?)

Op 08-10-18 om 23:52 schreef Thomas Morley:
> Am Mo., 8. Okt. 2018 um 12:28 Uhr schrieb Jogchum Reitsma <j.reitsma@hccnet.nl>:
>> <...>
> Well, if you change 'Staff' to 'Score' in the line
>      \temporary \override Staff.TimeSignature.stencil =
> then the new stencil is always printed without the need to repeat it
> in every Staff.
>
> Though, I have my doubts that's really what you want.
> I would recommend not to change the code but to \omit the
> TimeSignature in every Staff, where you don't want it:
> <<
>    \new Staff
>      {
>        r2 r
>        \time ##f 3/4
>        r4 r r
>      }
>    \new Staff \with { \omit TimeSignature }
>      {
>        r2 r
>        r4 r r
>      }
This second suggestion does the trick: no need to repeat the code for
each staff, and it it printed only above the upper (soprano, in this
case) staff. Thanks a lot!
> If you omit the Y-offset-override from the original example the
> TimeSignature is printed in Staff as usual.
> Though, Orff prints it above, afaik.
> With my original coding there is a lot of space below the TimeSignature.
> It could be removed or at least reduced if the dimensions of the
> TimeSignature-stencil would be adjusted.
> But I simply don't know how changes of TimeSignatures are dealed with
> in this edition of the Carmina Burana.
> Can you link to some online-images of line-breaking TimeSignatures?

I had figured that out already, thanks. Orff, and also Daan Manneke in
his "Psaume 121" print the time signatures above the staff,  Manneke
printing only the numerator, not the quarter note as denominator.

> Cheers,
>    Harm

regards, Jogchum