List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Printing lower continuo figures only
From:       Lukas-Fabian Moser <lfm () gmx ! de>
Date:       2018-03-30 20:05:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

> I am currently reproducing a continuo part, and am having trouble
> achieving a particular effect: printing a continuo figure in the
> *lower *position only. So in the first example in the attached image,
> I want the '3' to appear on the lower line, at the same height as the
> '4' to the left of it.

That's a problem I frequently encounter. Most often I print an
additional 4 which I set to white; but since I didn't manage to tweak
the colour for a single bass figure, I use a \markup { \number 4 } which
additionally has to be tuned to the right font size.

What would be really helpful here would be a placeholder/dummy "empty
bass figure" which takes up the amount of vertical space any regular
bass figure takes. But I do not know how hard it would be to add such a
thing.

Best
Lukas