List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: \rounded-box vs. \box in text markup
From:       Robert Schmaus <robert.schmaus () web ! de>
Date:       2018-03-28 13:37:29

Hi Emilio,

I find this behaviour decidedly un-obvious as well.
But here's a way to have a more controlled spacing:

\version "2.19.80"
{
   f''2^\markup{
     \column {
       \rounded-box "1"
       \rounded-box "2"
       \rounded-box "3"
     }
   }
   f''2^\markup{
     \column {
       \box "1"
       \box "2"
       \box "3"
     }
   }
}

Note that this way of stacking the boxes actually makes he simple \box
constructs move *farther apart* whereas the rounded boxes now are closer
together. This can be fine-tuned with \vspace commands between the boxes.
Not an ideal solution but this is how it can be done ...

Best,
Robert