List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: coding question about include-d tweak/function files
From:       Urs Liska <lists () openlilylib ! org>
Date:       2018-01-30 21:27:13

Am 30.01.2018 um 22:14 schrieb Simon Albrecht:
> On 30.01.2018 17:22, Urs Liska wrote:
>> Thinking about it, that would be a path to writing an \includeOnce or
>> \require command in oll-core.
>> The downside with that idea is that coding tools (i.e. Frescobaldi)
>> will be able to help much less than with regular includes: no
>> auto-completion, neither for the include itself nor for variables
>> defined in the included files. Also you can'T open the included file
>> with ctrl-click.
>
> Wouldn't it be possible to have a list in Frescobaldi of ‘include
> alias functions', which for the purpose of you mention are treated
> just like \include? The way I think of it, a \includeOnce or \require
> function like you propose should have the same strings be eligible
> arguments, and also one could be certain that after \require "foo.ly"
> the contents of foo.ly would always be ‘known' to the parser, i.e.
> auto-complete could be used?

Sure, but as of now Frescobaldi will not support such non-standard tools
that are not part of LilyPond itself.
Well, ignoring that fact I once started working on openLilyLib
integration for Frescobaldi (where such functionality could be
implemented), but for some reason or other I didn't get too far with that.

Urs