List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: attachments and digest mode
From:       David Wright <lilylis () lionunicorn ! co ! uk>
Date:       2016-04-30 1:21:28

On Fri 29 Apr 2016 at 17:05:05 (-0700), Flaming Hakama by Elaine wrote:

> I will note, however, that the suggestions about using images or
> attachments don't seem to work with the list in digest mode.
>
> Choosing an example from the latest digest, the attachment link yeilds a
> 404 error.
>
> Is that intentional, that attachments are neither included in the digest,
> nor are they available through links?

Some are available through links; just not the ones given in the digest.
I don't know the particulars of your example because I had already
deleted it (not interested in chord mode) by the time I read your posting.

But to take a different example, the posting shown at
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2016-04/msg00705.html
had two images as attachments which the digest gave as
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/attachments/20160427/51250681/attachment.png
and
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/attachments/20160427/51250681/attachment-0001.png
but they are actually located at
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2016-04/pngft2OJWNLXh.png
and
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2016-04/pngjr7tJK6b8c.png

I pointed this out to the powers that be at gnu.org a while back,
but that might have been sent too high up the chain of admin. So
I'll try copying David Linn into this email instead.

Cheers,
David.