List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: ChordNames: Brandt & Roemer exceptions
From:       Kieren MacMillan <kieren_macmillan () sympatico ! ca>
Date:       2015-11-30 3:10:32

Hi Joram,

Thanks for the helpful response!

> I was interested in a direct comparison to the current style. That's why
> I created the attachment from your testing code.
> red = Lilypond's default style
> black = your Brandt-Roemer style
> green = differences I noticed (only once)

Very nice — thanks for doing that.

> My personal take is: nice and understandable. I like the sizes of
> accidentals and the consistent font size for numbers.

Excellent.

I would like to implement kerning, if possible.
Otherwise, I felt like I had found good basic sizes, relations, and spacing — glad \
to hear you agree!

> Two questions:
> 1. Why is Cm69 (ly) = C6/9 (BR)? Where is the "MI" gone? Is it kind of implied? I \
> don't see it.

ERROR!  =)
Thanks for catching that; I will fix it immediately.

> 2. (I almost don't dare to ask, but) in your code, could the "MI" for
> minor be configurable such that the BR style can be used but with 'm'
> for minor? (For ignorants who want to break with a standard.)

Once a complete B&R example is done, I will be seeing how many of the elements can be \
parameterized. Certainly, the minor indicator would be one (and one of the easier \
ones, at that). Stay tuned.

> Thanks for your work in any case!

My pleasure. Thanks for the feedback.

Best,