List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Survey: Large scores
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2015-04-16 17:55:53

Dear Urs,
The largest score I have worked on is a full edition of Schubert's
German Stabat Mater D. 383:
https://gitlab.com/edition-kainhofer/0002_schubert_stabatmater_d383/
(PDF output files are at:
https://gitlab.com/edition-kainhofer/0002_schubert_stabatmater_d383/tree/master/out
)

The full score is one large lilypond score and at times had ~95 pages.
Now, with optimizations, like combining colla parte instruments with the
vocal staves, etc. the full score is a 78-page lilypond score in
global-staff-size 15. With the critical report and the preface (written
in latex, where the lilypond score's pdf is then included) you can find
it at:
https://gitlab.com/edition-kainhofer/0002_schubert_stabatmater_d383/raw/master/out/TeX_Schubert_StabatMater_D383_Score_Full.pdf

With the latest git version of lilypond, even the full scores is
generated in just a few seconds. A while ago it took a lot longer!

Best regards,
Reinhold