List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    would 'gn' for G-natural be useful in \language "english" ?
From:       "Keith OHara" <k-ohara5a5a () oco ! net>
Date:       2014-08-29 6:41:24

Dear user list,
   The suggestion quoted below from the bug-lilypond list
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2014-08/msg00037.html>
makes sense to me, as an addition to the \language "english"  note-names.

It would not fit in German-style pitch-names, where 'cis' and 'ces' get completely \
distinct names from 'c'. I am not sure if something similar makes sense in fixed-do \
naming as used in French and Spanish.

Would anyone else like to see 'fn' as a second way to express F-natural in English \
(in addition to the existing 'f') ?