List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    slur slope question
From:       "Karol Majewski" <karolm2 () wp ! pl>
Date:       2014-04-30 21:17:29

Please, take a look at the attachment. This is excerpt from one the old Henle Verlag \
editions. Although slur goes from bes to bes, it is sloped - because of staccato. And \
it looks absolutely fine.

Now, look how LilyPond handles this:

{
 bes8 ( d'16 c'16 bes4 -. )
}

Here, there is this gap between first note head and slur start point, which doesn't \
look good. Of course I know that I can tweak this via \offsetPositions \
(http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=748). But the question is: can I change this \
behavior in more general way? For example by overriding one of Slur.detail \
parameters?

--Karol

["=?iso-8859-2?B?aGVubGUucG5n?=" (image/png)]