List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: "unspecified starting volume" for decrescendo
From:       Simon Albrecht <simon.albrecht () mail ! de>
Date:       2014-03-29 22:28:43

Am 29.03.2014 15:50, schrieb Phil Holmes:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Alberto Sim=F5es" =

> <albie@alfarrabio.di.uminho.pt>

Well, I had the same some days ago and just ignored the warning=85 but =

then, as a matter of fact I needed MIDI output only for proofreading and =

thus dynamics didn=92t matter for that=85

>> Some way to shut him? :-)
>>
>> Cheers
>> ambs
>

> Put in a dynamic. How can you decrescendo without knowing a starting =

> point?
Often a decrescendo hairpin just implies that you start a little louder =

than before, like a stretched accent.

> -- =

> Phil Holmes

Best,