List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    master variable (Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.0.12)
From:       Wilbert Berendsen <wbsoft () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2013-12-28 20:00:17

op 28-12-13 13:25, Jakub Pavlík schreef:
> Hi,
>
> I am quite unhappy about the removal of the "master" document
> variable, which I have relied on quite heavily. For my workflows it is
> much more useful than sessions.
> If this decision is final, I will either stick to 2.0.11 for the rest
> of my life :) or try to maintain a "topic fork" of Frescobaldi with
> this feature reenabled.
>
> Jakub

The "master" variable is back. Soon to be released 2.0.13 will have it.
Its behaviour is the same, the implementation changed slightly: the
redirected filename is not directly given to a LilyPond process started
on behalf of the current document, but the master document is loaded (if
it wasn't already) and LilyPond is run on behalf of that document.

Thanks for your feedback: that drives Frescobaldi :-)

Wilbert