List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    why is there no \bendBefore?
From:       Xavier Noria <fxn () hashref ! com>
Date:       2013-09-30 8:44:38

I am transcribing some saxophone jazz themes, and revising them my teacher
drew by hand in my score what you would call \bendBefore.

That notation seems natural to me, because the saxophonist is not doing an
appoggiatura or anything like that, he attacks the measure by bending the
first note upwards.

I have seen a few snippets online searching for \bendBefore, but I
wonder... why it is not builtin? Is there a reason or is just that nobody
wrote it?

Xavier

PS: I have seen a few solutions to this, do you guys prefer any in
particular?