List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: tablet
From:       Tim McNamara <timmcn () bitstream ! net>
Date:       2013-07-31 20:03:51

I use my iPad with unRealBook to organize lead sheets produced by LilyPond for all my \
gigs.  With the Retina display it works fine for lead sheets but might be too small \
for orchestral or even piano music.  Rumor has it that Apple is planning a 13" iPad, \
but then rumor has all sorts of things about Apple- most of it wrong.

The thing that makes this work is the clean-ness of LilyPond output, even better with \
the simpler "hand written" jazz font that was recently shared.  Even at the small \
screen size, the clarity of the scores is excellent.

A band mate gives us things he's done in Finale and I am always surprised by how poor \
the engraving looks.

Tim