List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Is there an easy solution to across voice slurs
From:       james <james.lilypond () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2013-02-25 16:16:36

On Feb 25, 2013, at 10:37 AM, Derek wrote:

> Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll give this a go tomorrow. I guess =
> didn't really understand what the \\ thing did so I will have to do a =
bit
> more reading and perhaps clean up the code I have it is rife with \\. =
It is
> starting to make sense though. Thank you for the help everyone

Because <<{}\\{}>> is one of the more complicated lilypond concepts, the =
decision was made to leave it out of the learning manual, as that's just =
supposed to introduce you to how lilypond works. Section 1.5.2 of the =
Notation Reference goes into further depth about the difference between =
<<{\voiceOne}\new Voice {\voiceTwo}>>\oneVoice and <<{}\\{}>>. Seeing as =
how you're now having these kinds of problems, I would suggest taking =
some time to read that section carefully and figure out the differences =
and advantages of each.=