List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Vertical Text alignment problem
From:       wjm <mooneywjm () aim ! com>
Date:       2012-07-24 1:06:29

On 23/07/12 20:33, Wim van Dommelen wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> It sure helps, it works and I'm just tweaking to fit in with the final
> score. Much easier and better understandable as compared to the solution
> which Thomas mailed (although that sure also works).
>
> My conclusion is that when there is a note in between chances are the
> "\once" is already eaten and not effective. I'll keep a closed look at it.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Regards from a sunny Holland,
> Wim.

Hi Wim,
 From the Notation Reference... 5.3.3 - 5.3.4
"...
\once can be used with \override to affect only the current time step:
     {
       <<
         {
           \override Stem #'thickness = #3.0
           e4 e e e
         } \\ {
           c4	%this is default

           \once \override Stem #'thickness = #3.0
           c4	%this one is changed

	c c	%these two revert to default
         }

     }
When several similar items are placed at the same musical moment, the
\override command cannot be used to modify just one of them – this is
where the \tweak command must be used. Items which may appear more than
once at the same musical moment include the following:

     note heads of notes inside a chord
     articulation signs on a single note
     ties between notes in a chord
     tuplet brackets starting at the same time
..."

I'm pleased to have been of help. :)
Regards
Bill