List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: tie to note inside double backslashing voicing
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2012-04-06 21:00:59

On 2012-04-06 18:00, trandrusiii wrote:
> The only way I've found to create dynamics for a single note is to use
> voicing with spacers. This worked ok for a while but now I have a note that
> is tied to the upper voice and I get an error message saying that the tie is
> not terminated and nothing shows up on the score. Has anyone experienced
> this before? or know a better way to do single note dynamics?

Don't use \\ (i.e. simply leave the double backslash out, which creates
two separate voices):

> <<  { g2. } { s4\>  s4 s4\! }>>  %no tie

This does not create new voices, but simply placed the g2. in parallel
with the spacers in the same voice (i.e. if you would use notes instead
of the spacers, you would get collisions etc.)

Cheers,
Reinhold

Reinhold Kainhofer, reinhold@kainhofer.com, http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/
  * Financial&  Actuarial Math., Vienna Univ. of Technology, Austria
  * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886