List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Using other NoteHeads with \harmonicByFret?
From:       Marc Hohl <marc () hohlart ! de>
Date:       2012-01-30 10:23:56

Am 29.01.2012 15:54, schrieb Peter Crighton:
> Hello y'all,
>
> Is there an easy way to use other NoteHeads (I need harmonic-mixed)
> with \harmonicByFret, other than overriding the NoteHead right after
> every use of \harmonicByFret? I guess I could write my own
> \harmonicByFret function, but I can't even find the existing one to
> look how it is written.
\harmonicBy... is defined in ly/music-functions-init.ly; based on this
definition, something like

mixedHarmonicByFret = #(define-music-function (parser location fret
music) (number? ly:music?)
   (_i "Convert @var{music} into mixed harmonics; the resulting notes
resemble
harmonics played on a fretted instrument by touching the strings above
@var{fret
}.")
   (let* ((fret (number->string fret))
          (pitch (fret->pitch fret)))
         (make-sequential-music
          (list
           #{
             \override TabNoteHead #'stencil =
#(tab-note-head::print-custom-fret-label fret)
             \override NoteHead #'style = #'harmonic-mixed
           #}
           (make-harmonic
             (calc-harmonic-pitch pitch music))
           #{
             \revert TabNoteHead #'stencil
           #}))))

should do the job, but I didn't test this.

HTH,

Marc