List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: More vertical spacing confusion
From:       Keith OHara <k-ohara5a5a () oco ! net>
Date:       2011-07-31 6:15:34

Adam Spiers <lilypond-user <at> adamspiers.org> writes:

> I have a piece of music which should easily fit on one page, and
> indeed does until I change the paper size from A4 to US Letter, at
> which point the final system spills over onto a second page.

You can
\paper {
 system-system-spacing #'basic-distance = 8 % default was 12
 page-count = #1

The first line because the way you use the rhythmic staff as the first staff
you don't want that much distance to the system above.

The second line because Lilypond still doesn't break pages properly, so just
help her.