List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: odd behaviour with \whiteout
From:       Kieren MacMillan <kieren () alumni ! rice ! edu>
Date:       2011-05-29 19:33:46

Hi Trevor,

> You need to ensure the layer property is set properly to ensure whiteout works \
> reliably.  See http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/visibility-of-objects#index-layers

I *had* tried fiddling with the layer *of the markup* and that didn't solve the \
problem, so I didn't pursue that direction — but your comment made me think to set \
the *BarLine* layer, and now it works as expected.

Thanks!
Kieren.
_______________________

\version "2.13"

\paper { ragged-right = ##f }

stamp = \markup \fontsize #-2 \override #'(baseline-skip . 2) \center-column { \
Toronto "May 2011" } stampmarkup = \markup \rotate #90 \whiteout \pad-markup #1 \
\stamp finalbar = {
  \override Staff.BarLine #'layer = #1
  \override Staff.BarLine #'stencil =
    #(lambda (grob)
       (ly:stencil-combine-at-edge
        (ly:bar-line::print grob)
        X RIGHT
        (grob-interpret-markup grob stampmarkup)
        0 0))
  \bar "|."
}

\relative c'' {