List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: More questions about road maps
From:       Colin Hall <colinghall () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-04-27 21:07:51

Hi Chris,

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 01:14:04PM -0400, Christopher R. Maden wrote:
> First question: from a scoring perspective, anyone have any ideas for a
> better layout than what I used?  I looked through a bunch of song sheet
> music I have, and couldn't find any good examples of this pattern.

You asked for feedback on the scoring and I'd say it's a nice job. It's pretty clear \
what you intend the musicians to do, and that's all that matters.

I would have done it slightly differently, making your 4th time bar into a Coda, and \
making your Bridge simply a continuation after your 2nd time bar. I'd retain your \
D.S. al Segno but change it to "D. S. al Coda with repeat" in order to catch the \
music that it presently your 3rd time bar. That avoids the need for the "go to Bridge \
now" which I suspect you would prefer.

Like you, I also break the music and words up into the smallest common chunks across \
all parts, and then reassemble them to create score, parts and midi.

Cheers,
Colin.

--

Colin Hall