List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    midi problem
From:       <hhpmusic () 163 ! com>
Date:       2010-10-31 9:08:32

Hello,
  I found an old problem which becomes more obvious in current version 2.13.36. If I \
enter a midi program change before a note, that note still uses previous sound. For \
example, if violin I part use string ensemble 1, and then switches to solo violin at \
the middle, it takes effect only at the second note after the midi instrument \
command. I can't change earlier, since in my orchestral midi part, I merge 5 strings \
into 3 staves, and when the vl1 is playing the last long note, the other string play \
staccatos. Is this a bug?  Also, I strongly hope Lilypond can assign bank numbers. In \
standard gm soundfont, there are many special sets in other banks. The largest one is \
Crisis GM 3.01, which generates the best sounds. But I have to make many strange \
program changes and then use Synthfont to reassign individual change to another \
instrument from other bank. It takes me very long time especially there are many \
articulated effects. Regards
haipeng