List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Staff "reappearance" callback?
From:       Ian Hulin <ian () hulin ! org ! uk>
Date:       2010-02-28 11:46:25

Hi all,
On 27/02/10 22:24, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Am Samstag, 27. Februar 2010 18:45:26 schrieb Kieren MacMillan:
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>>> It looks like break-related items of all sorts, including
>>> "break-visibility", should have more than the 3 categories of before
>>> break, after break, and no break. Then might should distinguish levels
>>> of break, including staff reappearance and page break.
>>
>> Excellent point! We should list all possibilities:
>>
>>      1. before line break
>>      2. after line break
>>      3. before page break
>>      4. after page break
>>      5. before staff reappearance
>>      6. after staff reappearance
>
> 7. Before staff disappearance (in harakiri staves)
Given that all the other states appear to be on/off, doesn't it imply
there should be this one
8. After staff disappearance (i.e. the staff is currently being
suppressed).  It's probably no practical use, but you may need it for
completeness if you want to do a "what-state-is-the-staff-currently-in"
type enquiry in the code.

Cheers,
Ian