List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: install script quits prematurely
From:       Johan Wettergren <j.wettergren () tripnet ! se>
Date:       2009-12-26 9:15:47

Citerar Xavier Scheuer <x.scheuer@gmail.com>:

> 2009/12/23 Johan Wettergren <j.wettergren@tripnet.se>:
>>
>> Cheers!
>>
>> I tried to search the archive, but drowned in the volume of messages.
>>
>> I'm trying to install Lilypond 1.13.3-1 on my Suse linux laptop. It seems
>> that the script quits before the installation is complete. Greatful for
>> ideas about how to solve the problem.
>
> Well, as far as I can see it seems that the script has finished the
> installation.
> Just run lilypond in your terminal, it should work.
>
> If you don't know how to run lilypond (I mean how to create scores
> with it), you'd better have a look at the crash course (LilyPond is a
> text-based software):
> http://lilypond.org/switch/howto
> and at the Learning Manual:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/index.html
>
> Cheers (and Merry Christmas),
> Xavier

Thanks, Xavier!

I didn't beleive you at first, but after several tries (where I both
didn't and did uninstall Lilypond 2.6.3 first) it seems to be working.
Unfortunately, I don't know what I did right. :(

Best regards,

Johan

PS. I've been using Lilypond for many years. It was the update
installation I didn't manage.

--

Johan Wettergren
Kläppegatan 17