List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Harmonica tablature notation
From:       "Gilles THIBAULT" <gilles.thibault () free ! fr>
Date:       2009-10-31 9:29:38

> how to code a tail-recursive version of this.
>
> #(define (draw hole nbends)
>  (define bend-glyphs "")
>  (while
>    (> nbends 0)
>    (set! bend-glyphs (markup #:flat bend-glyphs))
>    (set! nbends (1- nbends)))
>  (markup bend-glyphs #:circle hole))

Perhaps something like that ? :

#(define (draw hole nbends)
  (let loop ((bend-glyphs "")
                 (n nbends))
      (if (> n 0)
        (loop (markup #:flat bend-glyphs)
                 (1- n))
        (markup bend-glyphs #:circle hole))))

>thanks for your example showing how to use
>\applyMusic - it helped me with a similar problem.

Well, for me, I don't really undersand the difference between :
\context Voice = "melody"
                \applyMusic #(lambda (x) (music-map add-harmonica x)) \notes
and
\context Voice = "melody"  \musicMap #add-harmonica \notes  ?

It seems to have the same result.

Gilles