List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    how to remove \RemoveEmptyStaffContext "up the chain"?
From:       Kieren MacMillan <kieren_macmillan () sympatico ! ca>
Date:       2009-08-25 18:17:15

Hello all,

I've got a situation where one of my \include files contains a
\layout { \context { \RemoveEmptyStaffContext } }.

99% of the time, I want this to happen. However, in a few
circumstances — especially when engraving/editing, but also for a few
specific pieces in final form — I want all of the functionality of
that \include file *except* the \RESC. Is there some way I can do
that from the main file (i.e., where the \include is called)? I'd
rather not have to define two different files (one with \RESC and one
without)...

Thanks,
Kieren.