List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Secondary beaming with a tuplet
From:       Joseph Wakeling <joseph.wakeling () webdrake ! net>
Date:       2009-05-27 13:19:44

Anthony W. Youngman wrote:
> In message <4A1C580A.3020800@webdrake.net>, Joseph Wakeling
> <joseph.wakeling@webdrake.net> writes
>> I can get what I want by using,
>>
>> \times 8/7 { gs8\pp \set \stemLeftBeamCount = #2 \set
>> \stemRightBeamCount = #1 gs16 gs8 gs }
>
> Does
>     \times 8/7 { gs8[\pp gs16] gs8[ gs] }
> work for you?
>>
>> ... but that works only the once and is a pain to have to repeat many
>> times.
>
> That also will only work the once, but at least it's a lot easier to type

No -- because it breaks the main beam as well as the secondary one.

The attached PNG, produced with

\times 8/7 { c'8 \set \stemLeftBeamCount = #2 \set \stemRightBeamCount =
#1 c'16 c'8 c' }

shows what I'm looking for.

Again, I know I could just define a tweak to make the above shorter, but
I want to know if there's a way of automating the secondary beaming ... :-)

["7in8.png" (image/png)]