List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Just chords and lyrics.
From:       Mats Bengtsson <mats.bengtsson () ee ! kth ! se>
Date:       2008-11-28 15:21:17

Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

> On 11/28/08 4:47 AM, "Mats Bengtsson" <mats.bengtsson@ee.kth.se> wrote:
>

>> There's major problem with your proposed \hideAll (or whatever you want
>> to call it), namely
>> that the hidden voice will influence the placement of the other voices,
>> since LilyPond will
>> try to avoid collisions with the hidden note heads. Therefore, this
>> solution is not really working
>> if you want to use it to align lyrics to a hidden Voice in a Staff that
>> also contains other voices.
>>

> When I used it to align lyrics to partcombined music, I simply transposed
> the voice I used with lyricsto up an octave, and everything seemed to work
> fine.

Yes, that's one possible trick, but as long as you only have set the
objects as transparent,
they will still influence spacing, for example the spacing to other
objects that appear above
the staff. Trying to instead to \override NoteHead #'stencil = ##f
doesn't help either, since
then the lyrics alignment won't work anymore.

      /Mats