List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: What does this error mean??
From:       "Valentin Villenave" <v.villenave () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-05-31 16:42:45

2008/5/31 Vine Linux Beginner <ffreshers@yahoo.co.jp>:
> Hello, I'm using lilypond 2.10.33-1 on Vine Linux 4.2 Version.
>
> Running lilypond, I've got this error. Should I Install something from Internet??
>

>> error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot handle TLS data

You might be missing some packages in your distribution.
My first guess would be "libstdc". Check if it is installed (using
your package manager); if it's already installed, you may need some
more recent version (from the VineSeed repository, for instance).

If you think you might miss something else, on
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond-program/Requirements
(not the first section, the second section named "Running requirements")
you can see a detailed list of packages needed to run LilyPond.

Cheers,
Valentin