List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: lilypond-book and the path
From:       fiëé_visuëlle <fiee.visuelle () gmx ! net>
Date:       2008-05-30 18:21:50

Am 2008-05-27 um 13:09 schrieb Michael Käppler:

>> If I process the following quoted file with lilypond-book in the
>> path " ~/partituren " everything is fine!
>> But if I do the same in " ~/partituren/schüler/humboldt" it doesn't
>> work! What could be the reason?
> I'm able to reproduce it here - seems that lilypond-book (more exactly
> lilylib.ly) doesn't process the umlaut correctly.
> Ugly workaround: rename the folder to schueler instead of schüler.

Are you by chance on MacOS X?
There's a very common problem with OSX's decomposed UTF-8 encoding in
the file system. (TeX engines understand only composed UTF-8.)
Otherwise it's just a matter of wrong unicode handling.

(Yes, I promised to look at LilyPond's Python scripts before - my time
always tends to slip away...)

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle