List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Compilation
From:       Mats Bengtsson <mats.bengtsson () ee ! kth ! se>
Date:       2008-03-27 21:06:01

Quoting Tim Reeves <Tim.Reeves@tokamerica.com>:

> Alan,
>
> It looked like no one else responded to you, so I'll give it a go.
>
> It looks like your problem is not with Lilypond, but with Ghostscript.

I don't this so. If you read the printouts carefully, you will notice
that it tries to create a file C:My Documents.ps instead of C:/My
Documents/test.ps, which doesn't make sense. I haven't seen
any such problems in Windows XP so you may be right that it's somehow
related to Win ME. I have seen some reasonably recent emails claiming
that the LilyPond works even in Win 982E, though.

Alan, exactly what did you do to process your test.ly file? Did you
double-click on the file or drag/drop it onto the LilyPond icon on the
desktop or ...?
Also, please tell exactly which LilyPond version you installed.

    /Mats