List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Better vertical spacing in 2.11 adversely affects lyric spacing
From:       Till Rettig <till.rettig () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-10-31 17:45:10

 >Is there any possibility to make the spacing algorithm behave
 >differently for
 >Lyrics contexts that are included in a ChoirStaff compared to those that
 >are not? That's the only way I could think of to deduce from the
information
 >available in the .ly file if the lyrics should be centered between
staves or
 >should be kept close to a single stave.

I think its not that easy. I would use ChoirStaff as well for polyphonic
music with only one voice per system, but as well I do songs, like the
SATB example in de appendix, but with only one voice in the middle. It
appeared somehow logical to me to use ChoirStaff for that two. But if we
have it well enough documentated, we could have a VocalStaff and a
ChoirStaff with different spacing.

Till

   /Mats