List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: GDP: add "extender line" to the glossary?
From:       Eyolf =?iso-8859-1?Q?=D8strem?= <eyolf () oestrem ! com>
Date:       2007-09-29 11:26:56

On 29.09.2007 (13:08), Till Rettig wrote:

Graham Percival wrote:
> Should we add "extender line" to the glossary?  Is this a real musical
> term, or a made-up lilypond term?  Any vocalists want to comment?

Another word that should perhaps be there, is "elision" (with whatever
second word is correct -- mark, slur, tie, bow, line?), i.e. the small
bow used to tie together syllables from different words that still
belong to the same note, most frequent in italian music.

University politics are vicious precisely because the stakes are so small.
		-- C. P. Snow