List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Formatting the piece header
From:       "Valentin Villenave" <v.villenave () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-07-28 22:08:00

2007/7/28, Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold@kainhofer.com>:

> I was looking for the lilypond variable / property that defined the font of
> the piece headings, so that I set this property once and it is automatically
> applied to all my scores that include the definitions.ly file.

Actually this is exactly what I do :)
I have a definitions file in which I put everything in identifiers, such as

pieceLayout=
#(define-music-function (parser location piece) (string?)
#{\markup { \fill-line { \center-align {\fontsize #10 $piece }}}#})

And this way, when typesetting each separate piece, in the \header I
only have to specify
\include "definitions.ly"
\header {
piece= \pieceLayout #"Here is my title"
}

...and the title gets printed the way I want.

I thought you were asking for tips about specific font parameters,
this why I simplified my snippet on purpose...

Regards,
Valentin