List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Getting Started
From:       Damian leGassick <damianlegassick () mac ! com>
Date:       2007-05-27 16:44:39

hi bridget

lilypond isn't a program with icons and menus and the rest, it's more
like a simple programming language.

you write lilypond files (text) with a text editor and the lilypond
'program' acts on the instructions that you write in that textfile,
resulting in printed music.

there's a tutorial available on the lilypond site - once you're a few
examples into it, things will seem clearer