List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: How to mix spanned and non-spanned bars ?
From:       Mats Bengtsson <mats.bengtsson () ee ! kth ! se>
Date:       2007-02-28 21:32:31

Dmytro O. Redchuk wrote:

>On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 06:07:20PM +0200, Dmytro O. Redchuk wrote:
>

>>On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 04:19:14PM +0200, Dmytro O. Redchuk wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>   i'm just starting to learn LilyPond, so i have questions:
>>>
>>>   1. Is it possible to mix separate bar rules (like \sepbarrules in
>>>      MusixTeX) for different instruments and "common" bar rules for them
>>>      (like \stdbarrules in MusixTeX)?
>>>

>>About this question:
>>     How to bind "Span_bar_engraver" to *-line-breaking-callback to make
>>     spanned bar lines at the end of every line?
>>     (To "before-" or "after-line-breaking-callback"?)
>>
>>     Or is there any other solution?
>>
>>     Or is there any other way to mix spanned bar lines with separated
>>     ones?
>>

>   Okay, i've found something so far, looks working:
>
>        \layout {
>                \context {
>                        \ChoirStaff \consists "Span_bar_engraver"
>                        \override SpanBar #'break-visibility = #center-invisible
>                }
>        }
>

>   But, really, CAN I mix spanned with non-spanned? Is it ever possible?

Certainly! First of all, instead of adding the span bar engraver to the
ChoirStaff,
you could just as well use a StaffGroup. To turn these spanned bar lines
off and
on between different bars, it should work to do
\override ChoirStaff.SpanBar #'transparent = ##f
and
\override ChoirStaff.SpanBar #'transparent = ##f
respectively.

   /Mats