List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Extending lyrics after notes
From:       Fred Leason <fredleason () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-02-28 3:17:56

Keith:

I do this all the time for chant.  You use "\once \override LyricText
#'self-alignment-X = #LEFT" for the last word of the line.  Try this:

BEGIN LilyPond

\version "2.11.19"
global = {
	\key e \major
	\set Staff.whichBar = ""
	\set Score.timing = ##f
	}

trebMusicA = {
	\fatText s4_"A" \noBreak
	<gis' e'>2 \break <fis' dis'>4
	}

bassMusicA = {
	s4 <b e>2  \break <b b,>4
	}

allWords = \lyricmode
	{
\set stanza = "1" 	\once \override LyricText #'self-alignment-X =
#LEFT \markup{Happy are they who have not walked in the counsel of
the} \once \override LyricText #'self-alignment-X = #LEFT \markup
{wicked,* \italic "(Look truly happy that you are not one of those
wicked.)"}
}

\score {

         \context ChoirStaff <<
            \context Staff = women <<

				\context Voice =
				women { \oneVoice \global
					\trebMusicA
}

			\context Lyrics = women \lyricsto women \allWords
			\context Staff = men <<
			\clef bass
			\context Voice =
				basses { \oneVoice \global