List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Why is the text shifted, when using \hspace ?
From:       Roland Goretzki <roland () roland-goretzki ! de>
Date:       2007-01-31 23:37:35

Hi list,

using crescendoText with a dashed line I wanted to put a bit more space
between the text and the dashed line with \hspace #1.

But then I found that the dashed line was shifted to the right as wanted,
but the text from the crescendoText was shifted also, upwards,
ca. .5 staff spaces, and this is, what I don't want.

Is this a bug or a feature, or what else am I perhaps doing wrong?
A very little example file is in the attachment.

Best Regards           Roland

["crescendoText.ly" (text/plain)]

\version "2.10.14" % on debian sarge 3.1

\layout { ragged-right = ##t }

\relative c''{

  \override Score.SeparationItem #'padding = #10

  \setTextCresc
  \set crescendoText = \markup { \italic "cre" }
  a \< a \!

  \setTextCresc
  \set crescendoText = \markup { \italic "cre" \hspace #1 }
  a \< a \!

}