List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Repeat question - cross staff slur
From:       Mats Bengtsson <mats.bengtsson () ee ! kth ! se>
Date:       2006-04-27 11:33:05

In the Regression Tests document, you can find an example called
slur-cross-staff.ly which illustrates how well/bad LilyPond handles
this for the moment. The desirable layout in these situations is probably
a slur that is printed below the upper stave and above the lower stave,
looking something like

 _________________/
/

or

\___________________
                                        \

However, this is not yet supported in LilyPond as far as I know.
You may want to take a look at the example in the Tips and Tricks
document called slur-manual.ly though.

  /Mats

Vivian Barty-Taylor wrote:

> I posted this question some time ago but haven't had
> any responses as yet - maybe it didn't get through. I
> want a cross-staff slur within a PianoStaff context.
> I've tried putting all the notes into one voice and
> then putting the \change Staff command within the
> voice context. The start of the slur is not anywhere
> near the first note, though, and I can't decipher the
> documentation to work out how to manually move this
> point.
>
> Could somebody help?
>
> Many thanks,
> Vivian, Netherlands.