List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: MusicXML import: looking for co-sponsors
From:       Darius Blasband <darius () phidani ! be>
Date:       2005-11-29 12:44:54

I would have used Java if I had to write this; but I expect Han-Wen to
prefer python.

I expect this new converter to be better maintained because:

  - It will be developed by Han-Wen
  - If it works, I can assure you it will be used extensively (by me, to
start with)
  - Lilypond's input format has gotten stabler than  it used to be,
releasing part
    of the pressure on maintaining a filter up to date.

Darius.