List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: 2.6 autopackage on Debian sid!!
From:       Paul Scott <pslist () ultrasw ! com>
Date:       2005-06-28 19:19:46

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

>>I was just able to find a single menu item pointing to
>>/usr/bin/lilypond under "Multimedia/Jack and More."
>>

>Was this created by the autopackage installer?

Probably not.

>>Even if this pointed to lilypond-2.6.0 what sense does it make to
>>point to the executable without providing a way to enter the
>>necessary parameters?
>>

>Gui people (windows, macos, gnome, kde) will want to have a menu entry
>after installation of a software.  Running it pops up an editor with a
>welcome message.
>

>>The same thing seems to be true of the MS Windows LilyPond menu entry
>>except there it starts a never ending task.
>>

>Does lilypad not start, can you investigate?

The Start menu item points to LilyPond.exe instead of LilyPad.exe.  So
does the shortcut which the install puts on the desktop.  I presume
these should point to LilyPad.exe.

Also the registry has correct (AFAICT) entries under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
for .ly and LilyPond.  These do point to LilyPad so double-click works
correctly.  Right-clicking shows Generate PDF as the default action.
Right now I only get a .ps but I may have a problem with the Ghostscript
on that machine which I am running on.

A very small problem is that "Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/File Types"
doesn't show an entry for LilyPond which could imply that one of the
registry keys is not quite complete.

>>development?
>>

>That's autopackage.org.

Ok.  I file these.

>>Will there be or should I just take Mats' suggestion?
>>

>There might be, but not real soon.

Ok.  Out of curiosity did something break?  Should the 2.6 doc packages
be as the same to produce as always?

Thanks,

Paul