List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: \oneVoice and \voiceXX commands having the wrong scope
From:       Mats Bengtsson <mats.bengtsson () s3 ! kth ! se>
Date:       2005-01-28 10:16:16

Sorry for the confusion! Taking another look at Yuval's second example,
the simple explanation is of course that he doesn't use the \\ feature
at all. In fact,
     << {\voiceOne r1-"voiceOne"} >>
does not create any new context at all, it's actually equivalent to
       \voiceOne r1-"voiceOne"

Yuval, consider the following example:

\context Voice = main {
   c1^"In the main voice"
   <<{ c1^"Still in the main voice" }
     \new Voice{c1^"A newly created second voice"} >>
   c1^"Again, still in the main voice"
}

    /Mats

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> mats.bengtsson@s3.kth.se writes:
>
>>Hackers: Is my guess below correct? In that case, wouldn't it be better
>>to change the routine that invents new context identifiers so it never
>>gives the names "1", ..., "4"?
>

> "1" to "4" are only assigned by << \\  >> . Default names are either
> empty or "\new" (for \new Contexts)

	Mats Bengtsson
	Signal Processing
	Signals, Sensors and Systems