List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Vaticana context spacing and other things
From:       Mats Bengtsson <mats.bengtsson () s3 ! kth ! se>
Date:       2004-07-29 12:02:02

Nicholas Haggin wrote:

>     Greetings, all.
>
>     I have two questions, one of which is probably only marginally related
> to Lilypond, so I'll ask it first.
>     I'm putting together a hymnal to be typeset by lilypond-book. As those
> of you who work in church music know, hymnals often have metrical
> indices of the melodies as well as indices by title, composer, author,
> etc. Does anyone know of a TeX/LaTeX macro package for assisting in
> assembling said indices, or would I have to write my own?

To get a single index, just use the \index and \makeindex LaTeX commands
together with the makeindex program (see any introduction to LaTeX).
To get multiple indices in the same document, there seems to be a
package called multind, that you can use, see
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=multind

   /Mats